Net proceeds from the virtual auction featuring 130-plus bid items will support the WCA’s ongoing efforts to help develop and grow a skilled woodworking workforce in the United States and Canada.
NELLYSFORD, Va. – The IWF Connect virtual auction supporting the Woodwork Career Alliance of North America has been extended through 9 p.m. EST Saturday, Nov. 7.
The virtual auction includes more than 130 items, including autographed sports items, framed artwork, jewelry and exclusive destination get-a-way packages. Net proceeds of the fundraiser will benefit the WCA’s ongoing efforts to develop and grow a skilled woodworking workforce.
The not-for-profit WCA’s woodworking skill standards and credentialing Passport system are used by high school and postsecondary woodworking programs throughout the United States and Canada. In addition, a growing number of woodworking companies are joining the WCA to craft their training programs around the WCA’s workforce development tools.
IWF Connect finished its five-day run on Oct. 26. The extended virtual auction is being orchestrated by Expo Auctions of Sugar Hill, GA. It will include:
- Jimmy Buffett signed guitar.
- Jeremy Bulloch signed Star Wars Boba Fett Disney collector’s edition mask.
- 7mm white freshwater pearl necklace (85-inch length).
- Drive Your Dream Car on a Racetrack, three-night stay at a 4-Star Las Vegas Strip hotel for two.
- Two-night stay in Albuquerque, NM, with Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride for two.
- Signed sports items by Rocket Ismail, Notre Dame; Calvin Johnson, Georgia-Tech; Amari Cooper, Alabama; Emmitt Smith, Florida; DaShaun Watson, Houston Texans; and many more.
- Framed collages commemorating the Kansas City Chiefs 2020 Super Bowl Champions, Harry Potter book series, 50 years of Masters’ Champions, Pink Floyd, the Beatles, and more.
- Plus, bourbon collections, framed art by Thomas Kinkade and much more.
In addition to bid items, the virtual auction includes a Donate to the WCA button.
As Easy as 1, 2, 3
To participate in the virtual auction and review all auction items:
1. Visit the WCA Virtual Auction to view all of the items.
2. Register your mobile phone number, email and name.
3. Bidding closes at 9 p.m. EST Nov. 7.
Text notifications will be sent to the winning bidders. Payment will be due upon the close of the auction. Shipping is included in the winning bid price to the lower 48 states.
“IWF has been a tremendous supporter of the Woodwork Career Alliance over the years,” said Scott Nelson, WCA president. “We sincerely appreciate that the WCA has been designated to receive the net proceeds of this fun fundraising program. This will help us enlist more schools and credential more students and professionals.”
About the Woodwork Career Alliance
The Woodwork Career Alliance of North America was founded in 2007 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and is governed by a volunteer board of directors. The WCA’s mission is to develop and administer a unified set of Skill Standards for the wood products industry. Since 2011, WCA has developed observable and measurable performance standards and assessments for more than 300 woodworking machine operations. In addition, WCA has issued more than 3,000 credentials, a portable, personal permanent record documenting each holder’s record of woodworking skill achievements. More than 130 high schools and post-secondary schools throughout North America are WCA EDUcation™ members and a growing number of woodworking companies have joined the WCA as MANufacturing™ members. To learn more about the WCA and how to get involved with its programs, including sponsorship opportunities, visit WoodworkCareer.org.