St. Louis Area Accredited Skill Evaluator [ASE] session – Wednesday, July 23, 2014 [Registration deadline Wednesday, July 16, 2014]
- What must I do FIRST?
- must enroll in the program and own a Passport,
- must apply to be an Evaluator and send their completed application to Greg Heuer,
- must complete, pass and print their certificate from the Skill Evaluator Online Training.
- What should I wear?
Wear comfortable shop clothes and shoes (no shorts or open shoes). The event is informal. We will spend the majority of our time in the lab operating machinery and conducting evaluations.
- When should I get there?
St. Louis Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program (CJAP)
Nelson-Mulligan Carpenters’ Training Center
St. Louis, MO 63123
From the South Area:
- Take 55 N to Reavis Barracks Road.
- Take Reavis Barracks Road past Gravois to Weber Road.
- Turn left on Weber Road.
- Take Weber Road to the 4-way stop at Valcour Road.
- Turn right on Valcour. 8300 Valcour will be on the right.
From Route 44:
- Take 44 to Elm. Go south on Elm.
- Elm turns into Rock Hill Road. Continue on Rock Hill Road to Laclede Station Road.
- Turn left on Laclede Station Road.
- Take Laclede Station Road to Weber Road.
- Turn right on Weber Road. Take Weber Road to Valcour.
- Turn left on Valcour. 8300 Valcour will be on the right.
From the West County Area:
- Take 40 East to Hanley exit.
- Go south on Hanley Road. Hanley turns into Laclede Station Road.
- Continue on Laclede Station Road until just past Watson.
- Turn left on Heege Road.
- Take Heege to the 3-way stop at Valcour Road.
- Turn right on Valcour. 8300 Valcour will be down the road on the left.
The training runs from 1:30-4:00. Arrive between 1:00-1:30 pm to register, to present your “Certificate” from eLearning, and to network.
- Where should I park?
Map and Parking
Park in the north parking lot. Enter through the Cabinetmakers entrance.
- Where should I stay locally?
You may stay anywhere you like. We have no special arrangement or relationship to any properties, and have no personal knowledge of their quality or service.
- Will there be LUNCH?
Not for this special program. Enjoy lunch on your own before registering.
- Do I need my own Personal Protective devices?
You should bring your own safety glasses and hearing protection. You may be able to borrow a pair of ours, limited supply.
You may find it useful to bring a laptop with internet accessibility. Exploration of the website and Registry will be part of the program. Your own hands-on from your computer is valuable.