Woodworking As A Profession
Skills Standards are tool operations which can be seen and measured.
These Skill Standards are a comprehensive, industry-accepted set of observable, measurable skills. It includes a voluntary assessment program that allows woodworkers to demonstrate their competency at in-plant woodworking skills.
Use Skill Standards to:
- Develop training and curricula
- Define job requirements
- Provide a benchmark for performance
- Recruit woodworking professionals
- Enhance labor value and mobility
- Plan career learning and development paths
Scope of the Standards
The graphic on this page shows the Table of Contents of the published Skill Standards. They are written to cover the essential tools, machines, and operations in modern advanced woodwork manufacturing.
Click the Table of Contents to learn more . . .