Author Archive for: gheuer
About Greg Heuer
-- 45+ years success producing programs of value in public and private education for both children and adults.
-- I help woodworkers navigate a smooth path through this "business" of advanced woodwork manufacturing.
-- I demonstrate the art of negotiating without giving in.
-- I'm committed to the integrity of fine construction professionals.
Entries by Greg Heuer
by Rich Christenson, reporting for WCA Q&A with the Father of Woodworking Skill Standards Greg Heuer retired in December, capping a laudatory 29-year career with the Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI). Before that, Heuer ran an architectural woodwork shop in Chicago that had been started by his father. During his tenure at AWI, Heuer served numerous […]
President’s Message: A Decade of Progress When the Woodwork Career Alliance was formed 10 years ago, we had one primary focus – develop a set of industry relevant Skill Standards. After three years, thousands of hours, and countless meetings, over 50 individuals contributed to the first ever set of Skill Standards for the Wood Manufacturing […]
Articles of Interest
- Get on Board! Woodwork Career Alliance Sponsorship OpportunitiesJune 23, 2017 - 6:13 pm
- Woodwork Career Alliance to Highlight Workforce Development in VegasJune 18, 2017 - 12:58 pm
- President’s Message – Check Out Our Agenda for the AWFS FairMay 4, 2017 - 12:31 pm
- Jefferson Millwork Structures Training Around WCA Skill StandardsMay 4, 2017 - 12:27 pm
- Quickscrews Celebrates 30th Anniversary; Sponsors WCA EDUcation PosterMay 4, 2017 - 12:21 pm
- Exit Interview with AWFS Education Director Nancy FisterMay 4, 2017 - 12:09 pm