by Rich Christenson, reporting for WCA Q&A with the Father of Woodworking Skill Standards Greg Heuer retired in December, capping a laudatory 29-year career with the Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI). Before that, Heuer ran an architectural woodwork shop in Chicago that had been started by his father. During his tenure at AWI, Heuer served numerous […]
Author Archive for: gheuer
About Greg Heuer
-- 45+ years success producing programs of value in public and private education for both children and adults.
-- I help woodworkers navigate a smooth path through this "business" of advanced woodwork manufacturing.
-- I demonstrate the art of negotiating without giving in.
-- I'm committed to the integrity of fine construction professionals.
Entries by Greg Heuer
President’s Message: A Decade of Progress When the Woodwork Career Alliance was formed 10 years ago, we had one primary focus – develop a set of industry relevant Skill Standards. After three years, thousands of hours, and countless meetings, over 50 individuals contributed to the first ever set of Skill Standards for the Wood Manufacturing […]
Articles of Interest
- Cabinetmaker/FDM Support and SummaryJanuary 23, 2014 - 12:23 pm
- Industry Donors Add Value to WCA EDUcation™ Membershi...October 5, 2016 - 3:00 pm
- Woodwork Career Alliance Updates Skill Standards; Redesigns...October 10, 2016 - 4:27 pm
- WCA Slates Skill Evaluator Training SessionsOctober 13, 2016 - 2:12 pm
- President’s MessageOctober 17, 2016 - 10:44 am
- Q&A with the Father of Woodworking Skill StandardsJanuary 24, 2017 - 2:32 pm
- President’s Message: A Decade of ProgressJanuary 24, 2017 - 11:13 am
- Woodwork Career Alliance Turns 10January 23, 2017 - 5:27 pm
- WCA EDUcation™ Membership Benefits UpdateJanuary 20, 2017 - 12:32 pm
- Presentation Celebration!January 20, 2017 - 11:54 am